A Woman’s Place Medical Clinic, formerly Pregnancy Center of Pinellas County, partners with our affiliate birth center, Breath of Life, to provide a wide range of women’s health services. The professional all female staff of Certified Nurse-Midwives at Breath of Life welcomes women of all ages!
We don’t over-book so you can enjoy a gentle and relaxing women’s health appointment. Please call well in advance as appointment times fill up quickly!
The extensive Gynecological Services include:
- Gentle Well-Woman Exams, including complete physical, pap test, breast exam and appropriate lab and imaging studies
- Adolescent counseling and initial exam
- Menopause counseling and care
- Family planning counseling with emphasis on natural methods (Note: birth control pills, shots or IUDs for contraception purposes are not prescribed)
- Evaluation, initial treatment & referrals if needed for GYN problems including bleeding, PMS, abnormal pap, incontinence, pelvic pain, endometriosis, fibroids & other conditions
- STD testing & treatment
- Pregnancy tests & pre-pregnancy counseling
- Evaluation & appropriate referrals to specialists in urology, endocrinology & other specialties when needed
- Herbal/alternative treatments available
About Breath of Life
Since 2007, over 900 Tampa Bay families have chosen BREATH OF LIFE WOMEN’S HEALTH & BIRTH CENTER for care that is safe, personal and natural. Ours is the only birth center in the Tampa Bay area staffed by Certified Nurse-Midwives … the only nationally accredited birth center in the state of Florida. Breath of Life specializes in maternity services and natural birth as well as women’s primary and gynecological health care.
Breath of Life, located in central Pinellas County, features three private waterbirth suites with garden access. We encourage fathers to be totally involved, including “catching” their baby. Most moms labor in water, and many experience water birth. As an option for pain management, nitrous oxide analgesia (“laughing gas”) is offered.
The birth center is staffed exclusively by women, including two Certified Nurse-Midwives/Nurse Practitioners (registered nurses with a Midwifery Master’s degree and AMCB national certification) who follow the Midwives Model of Care (1) and through trusting relationships partner with women for complete prenatal, birth and postpartum care, annual well woman exams and a full range of primary health care services from adolescence and beyond menopause. Click here to learn more: http://breathoflife.cc/#welcome