Women choose to terminate a pregnancy through abortion for many reasons. Abortions are medical procedures, so our staff is trained to assess the variables that you feel may affect or limit your choices such as:
- How far along am I?
- What type of abortion will I need to have?
- What are the short and long term risks of an abortion?
- Is there a chance I’m really not pregnant?
It’s important to know the answers to these questions so that you can make an informed decision. Pregnancy Center of Pinellas County can provide a medical care plan that supports your specific needs, offering our free services:
- Pregnancy Testing
- Limited Obestrical Ultrasounds Exams – An ultrasound will be able to confirm how far along you are; if your pregnancy is viable; and if your pregnancy is in the uterus, where it is supposed to be.
- Options Education – You will receive factual information about all your options in a confidential and caring environment
- Community Resources and Referrals – Resources that may be of assistance to you, depending upon your specific situation and needs, will be discussed
There are different types of abortion, based on the stage of the pregnancy. We offer free ultrasounds to confirm the gestational age of your pregnancy and answer many important questions.
All women considering abortion should also be tested for STD/STIs to ensure there are no possible complications
Does the thought of becoming a parent feel overwhelming to you right now? You may be surprised to discover that parenting may be a possibility. There are many community resources that are available to help.
We’ve talked to hundreds of women who are concerned about things like:
- I’m unsure if I’m ready to be a parent.
- I don’t think I can do this alone and I’m not sure if my baby’s father will help.
- How will I support myself and my child?
- Can I finish my schooling?
- Where will I live?
A Woman’s Place Medical Clinic, formerly Pregnancy Center of Pinellas County, can talk with you about your concerns, resources that can help, and all of your options. We offer one on one support and educational classes where you have the opportunity to learn to be an effective parent and earn many of the material items you will need for your baby.
We can also provide you with free pregnancy testing, and a pregnancy verification, so you can apply for Medicaid and WIC, programs which can assist you with medical expenses and food for yourself and your baby.
Should you choose to continue your pregnancy, our partner, Breath of Life Birth Center is available to provide prenatal care for you. It is important to have medical exams regularly throughout your pregnancy to make sure you and your baby are healthy.
When faced with an unplanned pregnancy, there is no easy decision. Adoption may not be your first thought, however developing an adoption plan empowers you to create a positive future for your child and for yourself.
Adoption today is very different than it used to be. A woman can select a family, meet that family, and have continued updates about her baby. Her child can know about her and why she made an adoption plan.
Adoption could be right for you if:
- You aren’t ready to be a parent
- You want to provide your child with emotional and financial stability.
- You aren’t sure you can support yourself and your child
- You want your baby to have a mommy and a daddy.
Pregnancy Center of Pinellas County, now A Woman’s Place Medical Clinic, can offer you more information on this option and connect you with additional resources in Tampa Bay. Through our Life Coaching Program, a woman considering an adoption plan can also receive one on one support with our Option Specialist as she determines if adoption is in her and her child’s best interest.